Some things in life cause people to feel, these are called emotional reactions. Some things in life cause people to think, these are sometimes called logical or intellectual reactions. Thus life is divided between things that make you feel and things that make you think. The question is, if someone is feeling, does that mean that they are thinking less? It probably does. If part of your brain is being occupied by feeling, then it makes sense that you have less capacity for thought. That is obvious if you take emotional extremes, such as crying, where people can barely think at all. This does not mean that emotional people are not intelligent; it just means that they might be dumber during the times in which they are emotional. Emotion goes on and off for everyone, sometimes people cry, and sometimes they are completely serious.
Some things in life can identifiably cause more emotion than other things.
1. Color causes more emotion than black and white. So anything with more color in it is going to be more emotional to look at, whether it is the difference between a gold or silver sword, or a gold or silver computer. In both cases the gold is going to be more emotional.
2. Things that are personal are emotional, personal things that people like and that they feel are “close” to them. Things like home or anything someone likes actually. That is a definition of emotion after all, something that causes feeling. So if you like it, it is probably going to cause more feeling. Other things aside from liking something could cause emotions from it, such as curiosity, but usually like is one of the stronger emotions. You could say that the two are directly proportional, the more you like something, the more it is going to cause feeling.
But there are things that people like that cause thought. You could like something and it causes you to think, and we previously defined emotion as feeling, not thought. That thoughts are separate from emotions because thought is a period of thinking. What exactly is thinking then? You can think about emotions, “how did I feel then?” etc. So is thought just a period of increased attention? Or is it a sharp spike in attention focused on one particular thing that is clear? It is hard to focus that much if you are feeling a lot, however. This makes me conclude that there is an overlap of feeling and thought, like a Venn diagram. But there are still parts of thought that don’t have feeling or emotion in them, and parts of emotion that don’t have thought in them. That means that thought requires more concentration than feeling does, since we defined thought as a period of increased attention. You can be emotional and have more attention, but usually if you are emotional you are going to be less attentive than you would be if you were thinking more.
Then again, if you are emotional you are being attentive to your emotions, whatever they may be, and if your emotions are on something like the sun, then when you see the sun you are going to be attentive to it, but not be thinking about it. So you can pay attention to something and not be thinking about it at the same time. But you aren’t going to be paying attention to anything else. It seems that thought is more attention than emotion, however. If you try to “feel” your computer you still don’t give it as much attention as if you were thinking about your computer. Then again, it depends what you are thinking about your computer, if you are thinking that your computer sucks, you are going to give it less attention than thinking that it is great. It also depends what your feelings are about that computer. If you feel that the computer is good, then you are going to give it more attention than if you feel that it is bad (possibly). The thoughts and the feelings correspond, however. That is, if you are thinking it is bad, then you are going to feel that it is bad.
Thus thought and feeling are really one and the same. But thoughts are really clearer than feelings. Thought and feeling may result in the same amount of attention to something, but thought is more precise. It is more precise for you to think that the computer is good, then to feel that the computer is good. Who knows why you feel the computer is good, but if you were thinking the computer is good then you would know why you thought that. Emotions and feelings are more obscure.
The text is provided by Henan Hongxing,which is the professional manufacturer of complete sets of mining machinery, such as Hammer Crusher,Ball mills, it is always doing the best in products and service.
- Author Articles
- More From This AuthorTechnorati is a blog submission site that ranks blogs. In other words, it is a search engine used solely for blogs. Once you have successfully submitted the blog, use tags to your advantage, since they are...With the help of high quality display panels, it is possible to increase business and attract more visitors to your sale venue. For instance, if you are putting up a stand in an exhibition, an attractive board...Social bookmarking sites were started as an alternative to web browser bookmarking. Instead of users bookmarking their favorite links on their web browsers, now they have an option to join many social...First impressions count when potential customers walk into your store and immediately, they are making subconscious comparisons regarding your store presentation. It is a fact, that shoppers prefer having...Most of us have taken a personality test at some point in our life. While some of us have taken it at school, others have taken it while trying for a job. It is important to understand that these tests are...
- Related Articles
- Related ArticlesWhether you're just starting your IT career, perpetually stuck somewhere in the middle, or at the top of your game, networking can take you to new heights. If you're a novice networker, don't let it intimidate...WordPress is one of those web applications which have a manageable amount of features, unlike some other CMS systems which have so many features, that you may never use them in your lifetime. The feature rich...The WordPress system is an integral part of the internet. There are numerous new websites which are being built on WordPress and have become more than just "blogs". WordPress has a minimum set of requirements...Through no fault of her own in April of 2012, Serina Pollock found herself detached from her family, the victim of bullies, with no friends and feeling like an outcast. The following is a grandmother's account...Lathering up the male organ with butter isn’t a very enticing concept. A guy who coats his rod with standard table butter, for example, isn’t likely to gain anything aside from greasy pants. Obviously,...
- Latest Articles
- Latest ArticlesFences are installed due to several reasons. There are many reasons why folks put up a fence outside their houses; however, the most common one is to offer privacy and borders. Additionally, fences also...Modern culture has placed a disproportionate emphasis on male organ size, to the extent that a man with even a slightly small male organ may feel embarrassed or distraught because he lacks a tool of...Stone cladding means the application of a thin layer involving genuine as well as artificial stone towards the interior as well as exterior of an building or even home. This enables for a new reduction...Porcelain is among the most usual household materials found in everything ranging from flooring to cookware. It includes clay mixed with various materials and fired in a kiln. For centuries, it has actually...It is the passage to new life, a new body and a new beginning. From the beginning of the day it was set in motion to bring the people of God into a state of spiritual perfection that ensures they are true to...