Some things in life cause people to feel, these are called emotional reactions. Some things in life cause people to think, these are sometimes called logical or intellectual reactions. Thus life is divided between things that make you feel and things that make you think. The question is, if someone is feeling, does that mean that they are thinking less? It probably does. If part of your brain is being occupied by feeling, then it makes sense that you have less capacity for thought. That is obvious if you take emotional extremes, such as crying, where people can barely think at all. This does not mean that emotional people are not intelligent; it just means that they might be dumber during the times in which they are emotional. Emotion goes on and off for everyone, sometimes people cry, and sometimes they are completely serious.
Some things in life can identifiably cause more emotion than other things.
1. Color causes more emotion than black and white. So anything with more color in it is going to be more emotional to look at, whether it is the difference between a gold or silver sword, or a gold or silver computer. In both cases the gold is going to be more emotional.
2. Things that are personal are emotional, personal things that people like and that they feel are “close” to them. Things like home or anything someone likes actually. That is a definition of emotion after all, something that causes feeling. So if you like it, it is probably going to cause more feeling. Other things aside from liking something could cause emotions from it, such as curiosity, but usually like is one of the stronger emotions. You could say that the two are directly proportional, the more you like something, the more it is going to cause feeling.
But there are things that people like that cause thought. You could like something and it causes you to think, and we previously defined emotion as feeling, not thought. That thoughts are separate from emotions because thought is a period of thinking. What exactly is thinking then? You can think about emotions, “how did I feel then?” etc. So is thought just a period of increased attention? Or is it a sharp spike in attention focused on one particular thing that is clear? It is hard to focus that much if you are feeling a lot, however. This makes me conclude that there is an overlap of feeling and thought, like a Venn diagram. But there are still parts of thought that don’t have feeling or emotion in them, and parts of emotion that don’t have thought in them. That means that thought requires more concentration than feeling does, since we defined thought as a period of increased attention. You can be emotional and have more attention, but usually if you are emotional you are going to be less attentive than you would be if you were thinking more.
Then again, if you are emotional you are being attentive to your emotions, whatever they may be, and if your emotions are on something like the sun, then when you see the sun you are going to be attentive to it, but not be thinking about it. So you can pay attention to something and not be thinking about it at the same time. But you aren’t going to be paying attention to anything else. It seems that thought is more attention than emotion, however. If you try to “feel” your computer you still don’t give it as much attention as if you were thinking about your computer. Then again, it depends what you are thinking about your computer, if you are thinking that your computer sucks, you are going to give it less attention than thinking that it is great. It also depends what your feelings are about that computer. If you feel that the computer is good, then you are going to give it more attention than if you feel that it is bad (possibly). The thoughts and the feelings correspond, however. That is, if you are thinking it is bad, then you are going to feel that it is bad.
Thus thought and feeling are really one and the same. But thoughts are really clearer than feelings. Thought and feeling may result in the same amount of attention to something, but thought is more precise. It is more precise for you to think that the computer is good, then to feel that the computer is good. Who knows why you feel the computer is good, but if you were thinking the computer is good then you would know why you thought that. Emotions and feelings are more obscure.
The text is provided by Henan Hongxing,which is the professional manufacturer of complete sets of mining machinery, such as Hammer Crusher,Ball mills, it is always doing the best in products and service.
- Author Articles
- More From This AuthorTechnorati is a blog submission site that ranks blogs. In other words, it is a search engine used solely for blogs. Once you have successfully submitted the blog, use tags to your advantage, since they are...With the help of high quality display panels, it is possible to increase business and attract more visitors to your sale venue. For instance, if you are putting up a stand in an exhibition, an attractive board...Social bookmarking sites were started as an alternative to web browser bookmarking. Instead of users bookmarking their favorite links on their web browsers, now they have an option to join many social...First impressions count when potential customers walk into your store and immediately, they are making subconscious comparisons regarding your store presentation. It is a fact, that shoppers prefer having...Most of us have taken a personality test at some point in our life. While some of us have taken it at school, others have taken it while trying for a job. It is important to understand that these tests are...
- Related Articles
- Related ArticlesIn this current economic climate, regular people from all over the world have had their entrepreneurial drive stimulated into looking for the easiest business to start. The recession and rising levels of...Before marriage, couples often shy away from discussions of money, and their reluctance is understandable: Finance and romance seem mutually exclusive. In fact, however, bringing financial issues into the...Food is the fuel that keeps the body going. Everyone knows that. But some men are opting to take control of their male organ health – not to mention their overall well-being – by making better choices...Corporate presents are always hard to invest in for, specially witnessed as many of us wrestle to acquire provides for anyone we all know the top and love one of the most. With the GoodCorporate items are always tough to buy for, in particular viewed as the majority of us battle to buy offers for people we know the ideal and really like one of the most. While using the Honest Trade Agreement...Company presents are often hard to obtain for, specially found as the majority of us wrestle to obtain provides for those we all know the most beneficial and really like one of the most. Together with the HonestCompany items are often tricky to purchase for, specifically observed as the majority of us wrestle to get provides for the people we all know the top and enjoy quite possibly the most. Along with the Fair...
- Latest Articles
- Latest ArticlesA guy with a hard manhood wants to do everything he can to make sure that raring-to-go member of his doesn't become that most dreaded of all objects: a frustrated male organ. Yet too often this happens – and...Copyright (c) 2014 Curtis BinghamReflect back with me to April 19, 1775... With the might of the British Empire behind them, the British infantry believed it was utterly invincible. Imagine its surprise when...When The Lenders Say Know, An another Funding Option to Solve Your Cash Flow Problems Merchant Cash Advances and Unsecured Business Loans The numbers of new business that begin in Australia each year has...Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a software for managing businesses which facilitates organizations to manage their business by automating several back office tasks using various integrated applications....Copyright (c) 2014 Kerrie PeacockIncome protection insurance is meant to cover you once you are unable to continue working due to an illness or injury. This means that at the time you will be out of work, you...