China is rich of coal resources. China’s verified exploitable reserves reached 1.3 trillion tons in 2008. China is heavily reliant on coal, which accounts for 70% of the country’s preliminary energy consumption, 40% higher than the world’s average. The proportion of oil, gas and nuclear accounts for 20%. In addition to coal-fired power generation, coal is critical to the development of China’s metallurgical, building materials and chemical industries.
In 2008, China’s output of raw coal reached 2.79 billion tons, accounting for 75% of the output of primary energy source in China. In the year, China consumed 2.75 billion tons of coal, about 70% of the country’s total energy consumption. Shenhua Group and China National Coal Group are the two leading coal producers in China, each with an annual production of over 100 million tons. While meeting the growing demand for coal domestically, Chinese coal producers also actively participate in international coal trading. Since 1990, China’s coal trade volume totaled 900 million tons with a net export of 700 million tons.
About 90% of coal mining equipment used in China is produced domestically. Chinese companies are developing the capacity to manufacture high-tech mining equipment, such as super-power electric haulage shearers, hydraulic support systems, and armored face conveyers. Nevertheless, most of the mining equipment produced in China still remains 10 to 15 years behind that of other countries with respect to mining efficiency, equipment quality, environmental protection of mines, and safety. U.S. coal mining equipment manufacturers and coal mine investors have prospects for long-term opportunities in China’s coal industry.
Because of the continued importance of coal in quenching China’s thirst for energy, improving cleanliness of coal extraction and combustion is critical to reducing overall emissions. Clean energy-efficient products that are needed in this sector include: coal beneficiation products, coal mine methane extraction technologies, gas turbines, circulating fluidized bed boilers, pollution control technologies such as desulphurization technologies, and coal conversion technologies such as advanced pulverized coal gasifiers.
Due to an insufficient supply of electricity, China will continue to invest heavily in coal production. Many analysts predict that China will need to invest over $151 billion in coal infrastructure by 2020. The investment will cover the following areas:
* Construction of new coal mines and coal bases
* Improvement of coal mine safety
* Clean coal processing technology
* Coal conversion technology (including coal liquefaction and coal gasification)
* Coal bed methane development and utilization
In order to improve mine management and to increase coal production, the Chinese government has established new policies to encourage foreign investment. This shift in policy has included granting foreign companies the rights for mineral geological exploration.
U.S. companies enjoy their greatest competitive advantage in supplying heavy coal mining machines and systems. For underground mining, U.S. firms compete well in the following categories: longwall shearers, stageloaders, continuous miners, batch haulage vehicles, road headers, hydraulic roof support systems, and armored face conveyors. For open-pit mining, U.S. firms have good prospects in the following categories: electric mining shovels, walking draglines, blast hole drills, and heavy mining trucks.
Coal mine safety remains a critical issue in China. In 2008, China suffered 1,091 coal mine accidents resulting in fatalities ( The number of coal mine accidents was 3,786 in 2007). In order to address the issue of safety, the Chinese government closed 1054 small coal mines in 2008 following the closure of 2,969 such coal mines in 2007 (below 30,000 tons of production capacity) that the government determined were unsafe. According to the State Administration of Coal Mine Safety Supervision, China will invest $6 billion over the next several years to purchase safety equipment for large state-owned coal mines. This investment will create significant opportunities for foreign companies to export safety equipment to China. Best prospects include: coal mining safety equipment, security equipment, gas control systems, and fire monitoring and control equipment.
Major Shows & Exhibitions
This section provides a listing of upcoming coal and mining equipment-related events in China, including industry shows and trade missions. While FCS China is directly involved with some of these events, the majority here have no direct relationship with the FCS and are listed solely as a convenience to our users.As the professional manufacturer of complete sets of mining machinery, such as Artificial sand maker,Flotation cell,China cone crusher, Henan Hongxing is always doing the best in products and service.
- Author Articles
- More From This AuthorRotary kiln is refers to rotating calcining kiln (also known as rotating kiln), which belongs to thermal equipment. Rotary kiln can be divided into metallurgy kiln, chemical engineering kiln, and building...Introduction to the Kiln： Rotary kiln also called bauxite rotary kiln,magnesia rotary kiln,zinc oxide rotary kiln Kaolin with the features of high white content,soft texture, easy to disperse and...Henan Hongxing Company is the leading professional supplier solution,equipment and service for grinding industry.In past 20 years,bearing the enterprise aim of'Better quality,Better service', Henan Hongxing...Rock crushers are heavy-duty machines that reduce the size of rock according to specific requirements. They are most widely used in mining applications but have also been adapted to the construction and...The future of 500-odd stone-crushing units around Bangalore is uncertain, what with the March 6 deadline to shift these units to ‘safe zone’ approaching fast. The Karnataka State Pollution Control...
- Related Articles
- Related ArticlesAbout this time every year, I begin to wish I lived in Juneau, Alaska. In case you haven’t had the pleasure of walking 20 steamy blocks in Manhattan this week, it’s hot, it's humid, and if you have curls...It might sound corny, but a man's male organ is as individual as his fingerprint. The tool he was born with, the care he's given to the equipment, and the ways in which he's used his body in the past can all...When visiting new places chances of knowing anyone there are pretty slim. For most people the only choice is the rented lodging like hotels and apartments. And quite naturally you would like to choose the best...Switching your lpg cylinders is not so difficult. Yet some home owners hire licensed fitters to do the job. Using changeover valves, you can easily switch between gas bottles without the need of a fitter or a...If a person is accused of any crime, people make a certain perception about him. The consequences could be devastating. The freedom of the person, his and the family’s reputation and his job everything is...
- Latest Articles
- Latest ArticlesAbout this time every year, I begin to wish I lived in Juneau, Alaska. In case you haven’t had the pleasure of walking 20 steamy blocks in Manhattan this week, it’s hot, it's humid, and if you have curls...Test4actual IBM Application Developer 000-610 updated computer based training is available among even such computers which are joined through networking so you can do your updated 000-610 labs latest test with...Every download of your Test4actual 70-667 exam questions is loaded with time saving questions and answers exactly like you will find on the Microsoft test. In fact, each Test4actual Microsoft MCITP (Microsoft...Test4actual CompTIA 220-802 study guides(CompTIA A+ 220-802 Certification Exam) simulations is offered to help you test yourself to see whether you have mastered the Conducting CompTIA A+ (CompTIA Certified...At True Concepts of Red Bank,New Jersey we are very concerned about living clean organic lifestyles. Owner of the Salon Kim Katz believes what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in...