In the information age, we have to send, receive, and process huge numbers of messages every day. But effective communication is about more than just exchanging information. Effective communication requires you to also understand the emotion behind the information. It can improve relationships at home, work, and in social situations by deepening your connections to others and improving teamwork, decision-making, caring, and problem solving. It enables you to communicate even negative or difficult messages without creating conflict or destroying trust. Effective communication combines a set of skills including nonverbal communication, attentive listening, the ability to manage stress in the moment, and the capacity to recognize and understand your own emotions and those of the person you’re communicating with.
1. Listening is one of the most important aspects of effective communication. Successful listening means not just understanding the words or the information being communicated, but also understanding how the speaker feels about what they’re communicating.
2. When we communicate things that we care about, we do so mainly using nonverbal signals. Wordless communication, or body language, includes facial expressions, body movement and gestures, eye contact, posture, the tone of your voice, and even your muscle tension and breathing. The way you look, listen, move, and react to another person tell them more about how you’re feeling than words alone ever can.
3. In small doses, stress can help you perform under pressure. However, when stress becomes constant and overwhelming, it can hamper effective communication by disrupting your capacity to think clearly and creatively, and act appropriately. When you’re stressed, you’re more likely to misread other people, send confusing or off-putting nonverbal signals, and lapse into unhealthy knee-jerk patterns of behavior.
How many times have you felt stressed during a disagreement with your spouse, kids, boss, friends, or coworkers and then said or done something you later regretted? If you can quickly relieve stress and return to a calm state, you’ll not only avoid such regrets, but in many cases you’ll also help to calm the other person as well.
4. Emotions play an important role in the way we communicate at home and work. It’s the way you feel, more than the way you think, that motivates you to communicate or to make decisions. The way you react to emotionally-driven, nonverbal cues affects both how you understand other people and how they understand you dryer machine. Emotional awareness provides you the tools for understanding both yourself and other people, and the real messages they are communicating to you. Although knowing your own feelings may seem simple, many people ignore or try to sedate strong emotions like anger, sadness, and fear. But your ability to communicate depends on being connected to these feelings ball mill. If you’re afraid of strong emotions or if you insist on communicating only on a rational level, it will impair your ability to fully understand others, creatively problem solve, resolve conflicts, or build an affectionate connection with someone.
- Author Articles
- More From This AuthorIn recent years, the high-speed rail, highway, housing and other infrastructure are developing rapidly in China, and the sand and stone industry also entered an unprecedented age. The number of the companies...The term 'primary crusher', by definition, might include any type and size of crushing machine. It implies that at least two stages of crushing are involved, but in many cases the machine which performs the...The stone directly falls into the high-speed rotary wheel from the above of the machine, under the driving force of the high-speed centrifugal force; it is impacted with high-speed and crushed with...In the current society with economy rapidly developing, we should always keep a clear head in the meantime of development. In recent years, along with the rapid development of the economy in our country, the...Ball grinder is mainly composed of charging and discharging, cyclone and rotation parts (like redactor, minor rotation gear, motor, electric machine, etc). Hollow axis is made of steel parts with a lining...
- Related Articles
- Related ArticlesMost of the bookmakers are available with the fixed odds they decided odds to the punters to bet on matches and the data decoded by the bookmakers can be used by the punters to many lucrative spreading...When you are strike at road with no one out of sight along with your car breaks down, both you and your beloved wife gets terribly injured; your main option to return what you can is thru law and a skilled...It is probably pretty safe to say that keeping a pest free home a goal for just about anyone these days. When you live in Florida, though, that is often easier said than done. This is particularly true when it...METTLER TOLEDO has developed a new microgram load cell for use in an experiment aimed at establishing a new definition of the kilogram. The kilogram is the last unit of the International System of Units (SI)...The dengue virus is transmitted when an infected mosquito bites a person. The infection can easily spread throughout the body with fever as the first symptom to manifest. The occurrence of fever is a sign of...
- Latest Articles
- Latest ArticlesStep by Step International School it provides a quality education to the students and it has many private and governmental institutes. It is well known fact that children are fast learner than normal human...The Everglades are a huge expanse of green wetland occupying a large section of Florida. They have the distinction of being a World Heritage Site (UNESCO), and are amongst the top visited destinations in the...You probably have heard the term Integrated Pest Management before. Integrated pest management or IPM is an ecologically based pest management strategy that provides long-term management of pest problems with...In Focus: Bell Motivator Mag Indoor Bicycle Trainer Do you remember all the times the weather changed out of nowhere and cruelly destroyed your plans of physical fitness on your loved bicycle? Nightfall...Bosu Balance Trainer : What is the ‘perfect’ workout? Everybody would define their perfect workout calling out and integrating different aspects that suite their personal ideologies, beliefs and...