Closing is the difference between winning and losing.
Closing is the logical conclusion of the persuasive process.
How to make it easy to get the customer to say "yes"
Closing is not manipulating the customer. It is the professional conclusion to your visit that both you and they expected from the start.
Even if your customer is genuinely interested in your product or service they still need you to provide the final encouragement.
Closing is what selling is all about, getting the order; it is the climax of the selling skills that have gone before.
But very often, how easy the close is depends on how well the salesperson has done the preceding steps.
Here are some of the reasons why salespeople struggle to close;
1. An unconvincing presentation.
The customer's reason and emotional drive to buy is definitely enhanced by your presentation.
Focus on selling the benefits of your product or service. Sell the “good feelings” and create an image in their minds of what they are going to get.
2. Failure to obtain commitments.
A succession of "yes's" to presentation points makes it easier for the customer to make the buying decision. You should therefore always be closing, trial closing, test closing, getting commitments.
- A fear of handling objections.
Avoiding, ignoring or hedging around objections diminishes the customer’s confidence in your abilities and more importantly your intentions as a salesperson.
A good place to close is after successfully handling an objection.
- Waiting for the customer to say "I'll take it."
Too many sales people believe the onus is on the customer to take the closing initiative. Simply asking the closing question would save many lost sales.
- Talking past the point of sale.
This happens because the salesperson gets carried away by the sound of their own voice, they ignore the customer, do not pick up buying signals and do not use trial closes.
- Failure to detect buying signals.
The ability to notice and capitalize on buying signals is vital to closing. Queries about delivery dates and times, payment options, colour, size, company back-up, and discounts - this shows interest.
Missing these buying signals and not confirming and capitalizing on them can result in the customer eventually cooling off and losing their former interest.
- Lack of skill in closing techniques.
Success in closing the sale is dependent on the salesperson being well versed in a variety of closing techniques and knowing when and how to use them.
- A fear of rejection.
A lot of sales people avoid asking for the order for fear of rejection. You need to understand that such rejection is not meant personally. Objections to closing generally means that the customer is asking for more information and needs a little more persuasion to make the buying decision.
If you analyze all the times you presented your product or service and did not get the order, you'll find that you are guilty of at least a few of the above reasons for not closing.
Should you wish to find out more about Ray Patterson, visit www.raypatterson.co.za
- Author Articles
- More From This Author29 SALES THOUGHTS FOR EVERY DAY 1. Start every day with "drive" and "enthusiasm". You'll feel better and so will your customer. You'll do more with less effort. 2. When you sell,...ARE YOU A SALES MANAGER OR A SALES DAMAGER? When salespeople are not selling; - look to the Sales Manager. When they are not motivated to see customers; - look to the Sales Manager. When there is no...We have looked at why salespeople don’t close successfully (8 points covered in part 1) Now let’s look at the four essentials of closing: Listen for buying signals. Be awake, be aware, be...USING THE 9 SECOND CLOSING FORMULAE TO START THE CLOSING PROCESS USING THE BENEFIT SUMMARY "Mr. Customer, which delivery date would be best for you, the 15th or the 30th?" 4 seconds. Even...A lot of salespeople find all sorts of reasons for not closing. They blame the politics, the economy, the weather, the leads, the product, the customer, the price. But these are not reasons, merely excuses....
- Related Articles
- Related ArticlesThe period leading up to your nuptials can be one of the most blissful in your life, from showing off that shiny new diamond to the moment you finally say “I do,” you celebrate with friends and family...A wedding day is a very precious for every couple. During this beautiful day of their life,they never miss to ensure that everything goes well in order, so that the guests, friends and relatives can talk...Weddings are once in a lifetime experience. So it is but natural to want the perfect wedding with no problems or issues when it comes to wedding gown, tuxedo, rings, cake, food and band. Couples get...Getting a MBA degree online is a great chance to people who cannot attend traditional lessons. Universities now online MBA degree courses Provide Including business management, executive MBA, MSc and much...Considering of getting a few diamond jewelry? You have to know that getting diamond jewelry just isn't free of hazards. There are several main reasons why any jeweler would want that you recognize particular...
- Latest Articles
- Latest ArticlesThe period leading up to your nuptials can be one of the most blissful in your life, from showing off that shiny new diamond to the moment you finally say “I do,” you celebrate with friends and family...An experiment needs varyingrather and detecting what occurs.Preschool age children are intrusive and liberal, perfect traits for potential young scientists.Science is all around us and kids can spontaneous...We have changed the world drastically from what it was just a hundred years back, the profusion of energy and development has wrought havoc on our health due to the senseless use of them. We first start from...The term Open Multiple URl means that you can open multiple web sites in a single attempt without facing any disturbance which had been occurring in single web site in single attempt. This experiment helps you...Choice for Medical Encyclopedia:- In existing, millions of people regularly use a quantity of health gadgets, which keep them aware of their health conditions. Typically, most of grown ups and aged people...