29 SALES THOUGHTS FOR EVERY DAY
1. Start every day with "drive" and "enthusiasm". You'll feel better and so will your customer. You'll do more with less effort.
2. When you sell, don't concentrate on price; rather concentrate on selling the benefits of your product or service. Show the customer what it will do for them after they own it. That's what they're interested in. Focus on getting the customer to experience “Good feelings” during the sales process.
3. Remember that it is your job to build a "permanent customer" rather than a one-time sale.
4. Use questions, frequently, in your sales presentation. Find out exactly what the customer wants before you start selling.
5. Appeal to emotion and sentiment more than logic. People have a softer spot for emotion. Customers make the decision to buy emotionally and will defend the sale afterwards with logic.
6. Talk in the "customer's language". Don't try to impress them with your learning or superior knowledge. It gains you nothing but resentment.
7. Be a "good listener" as well as a good talker. NEVER INTERRUPT THE CUSTOMER!
8. Don't argue with the customer even if you feel you are right. You may win the argument but end up losing the sale.
9. Develop a resourcefulness to meet any new or unusual situation. Be proactive, quick thinking and daring. Originality and judgment are your measure of ability.
10. Never take a "no" altogether seriously..... Unless you're sure it is "NO". Keep on working out alternatives. “No” is usually only “No“at that moment, but in 3 months it could be different. You never know when the situation may change and could miss out on the opportunity to sell if you don’t follow up regularly.
11. Good sales people are enthusiastic, energetic and committed people. They enjoy interacting with other people and being of service to their customers. Are you a "good" salesperson?
12. Use humour carefully. Don't ever let it get out of
13. Temper and temperament have no place in selling. You may feel better to get it off your chest but you will regret your action when it's over. There is no second chance to correct what you've done.
14. "Selling is communicating". Your presentation must flow in words that are believable and you must paint a graphic picture of your company, your product and the service you offer.
15. Be presentable, it's expected of you.
16. Set a high standard of courtesy. Be natural, being false repels the customer.
17. The true raw material of selling is people, not goods or services. Be curious about people, types, temperaments, psychology. Learn the differences and you'll learn to be at ease with them..... how to lead them and satisfy them.
18. Be aware of timing. Knowing what to say and when to say it could be the difference between success and failure.
19. While it is true that showmanship is part of salesmanship, don't become too dramatic and get carried away.
20. Stick to the facts. Some "puffing up" is useful, but the "whole truth" is more convincing. Be prepared to back up what you say.
21. Know in advance, the possible objections your customer may have to the goods or service you are selling and be prepared with practiced responses.
22. One of the biggest mistakes made by salespeople is not knowing when to close the sale. Many sales are lost because the salesperson can’t or won’t close.
23. Some people say that those who go into selling do so because they have failed at other jobs. Don't you believe it! Selling is a proud profession which calls for greater qualities and abilities than required in most other professions. Few professions are more interesting, challenging or rewarding.
24. Never be afraid of making mistakes in selling, see it is a necessary learning experience.
25. In selling never make snap judgments. They have a way of snapping back at you later.
26. Don't underestimate your abilities. You can rise to almost any occasion you choose if you have the desire to do it.
27. Improve your knowledge and skills on a regular basis. You have 5,000,000,000 brain cells, each one capable of comprehending and storing a thousand ideas. How many have you picked up and stored recently?
28. Never prejudge. Don't underestimate the customer. They may be smarter than you.
29. Above all remember ......NOTHING EVER HAPPENS UNTIL A SALESPERSON SELLS SOMETHING!!!
Should you wish to find out more about Ray Patterson, visit www.raypatterson.co.za
- Author Articles
- More From This AuthorARE YOU A SALES MANAGER OR A SALES DAMAGER? When salespeople are not selling; - look to the Sales Manager. When they are not motivated to see customers; - look to the Sales Manager. When there is no...Closing is the difference between winning and losing. Closing is the logical conclusion of the persuasive process. How to make it easy to get the customer to say "yes" Closing is not manipulating...We have looked at why salespeople don’t close successfully (8 points covered in part 1) Now let’s look at the four essentials of closing: Listen for buying signals. Be awake, be aware, be...USING THE 9 SECOND CLOSING FORMULAE TO START THE CLOSING PROCESS USING THE BENEFIT SUMMARY "Mr. Customer, which delivery date would be best for you, the 15th or the 30th?" 4 seconds. Even...A lot of salespeople find all sorts of reasons for not closing. They blame the politics, the economy, the weather, the leads, the product, the customer, the price. But these are not reasons, merely excuses....
- Related Articles
- Related ArticlesNikon cameras are larger than today’s digital cameras, but they are better than even the best compact camera because they give higher quality images. Just as important as buying the best Nikon camera is...“A little black dress is an essential to every girl’s closet” that sentence is something every fashion enthusiast would say. At first, I didn’t actually believe it. I knew that a black dress is...Even just before any person can turn out to be an specialist at something, a single ought to usually begin at step 1. For newcomers inside the field of fishing, it's vital that a single knows sensible fishing...According to information collected by online website, the median car insurance for women is about 9% lower than the rate for men. Females drivers generally find less costly car insurance charges when...A timber fence does not only increase the value of your property but it also gives you proper privacy as well. There are different reasons to build a fence, by this you can provide safety to your kids and pets...
- Latest Articles
- Latest ArticlesNikon cameras are larger than today’s digital cameras, but they are better than even the best compact camera because they give higher quality images. Just as important as buying the best Nikon camera is...The term internet marketing is closely associated with all online businesses whether big or small. Since the promotion of goods and services is an indispensable requirement, marketing experts are always trying...Foreclosed homes have been a good source of investment for price pinching home buyers. They’re available for cheap and hence considered a great bargain. You just have to undertake some repairs and put the ...<!-- @page P P.western P.cjk P.ctl --> When you have to choose between android apps, it might turn out to be a difficult task. That is because they are so many of them. It might be...Kissimmee city is among the most visited conurbation in Osceola County, Florida and almost United States. Every summer season bring millions of people to this beautiful and amazing tourist spot. Peoples from...